Django is one of the most popular Python-based front-end / web app frameworks. It forms the backbone of some major web sites and is known for its relative ease of use and the speed at which you can develop and deploy Python web applications and containers.
Django is a high-level Python-based free and open-source web framework, which follows the model-view-template (MVT) architectural pattern. It is maintained by the Django Software Foundation (DSF). Django’s primary goal is to ease the creation of complex, database-driven websites. Some well-known sites that use Django include the Public Broadcasting Service, Instagram, Mozilla, The Washington Times, and Bitbucket.
Django Course Summary
By the end of this course, you will have learnt:
- Understand Django Architecture and its take on MVC (Models, Views & Templates)
- Build and deploy robust Django web apps
- Integrate with RESTful web services
- Unit Testing and Debugging Django apps
Django Course Key Learning
Introduction to Django
- What is Django?
- Django and Python
- Django’s take on MVC: Model, View and Template
- DRY programming: Don’t Repeat Yourself
- How to get and install Django
Getting started with Django
- About the 3 Core Files:
- models.py, urls.py, views.py
- Setting up database connections
- Managing Users & the Django admin tool
- Installing and using ‘out of the box’ Django features
Django URL Patterns and Views
- Designing a good URL scheme
- Generic Views
- Form classesandnbsp;
- Advanced Forms processing techniques
Django & REST APIs Introduction
- Django REST framework
Unit Testing with Django
- Overview / Refresher on Unit Testing and why it’s good
- Using Python’s unittest2 library
- Test Databases
- Doctests, Debugging Best Practices
- Writing hello world program in Django project
- Opening a text file, Reading a text file , Writing a text file
- How Django navigation work
- Returning the result,
- Setting URL pattern,
- What is a view, Creating a Responsive View
- HTTP Response,
- Django Template Language
- Including HTML tags in a program
- Create Django Template to create dynamic webpage
- Editing settings.py file
Who should attend
This Django training is designed for Django beginners. This course is for you if you are interested in creating a dynamic website with database for yourself or for others.
Python developers who want to benefit from the functionality of the Django web app framework in order to rapidly build, test and deploy commercial-quality web apps.
This course is designed for complete beginners of web programming.