Take this course only if you want to learn professional game development techniques. This Omni Academy course is taught in Python (an easy to learn language with clear coding conventions) but the language you use doesn’t really matter. You’ll be learning how to develop games, and the concepts this course covers can then be applied to any programming language.
If you are serious about learning the techniques pros use to develop games, this course is for you! you will learn the basics of game development with Python using the PyGame modules. Through hands on, practical experience, you will go through concepts like creating a game loop, image display and transformation, event handling, and writing game logic. You will then apply the concepts to create your first game with Python and PyGame.
Course is aimed at learners who are looking to get started with game development using Python, and have some prior basic programming experience in the Python or any other programming language. Course participants from Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad and all over world are joining our online classes and learning about Game Development tools and techniques from specialized faculty.
What you’ll learn
Learn Python Game Development step-by-step :
Introduction – Creating a Basic Framework – Events – Quit Event Handling – Colors and Fill – Draw Rect and Fill – Moving Rectangle – Moving Objects – Frames Per Second – More User Control – Moving Up – Boundaries – Fixing the Hardcoding – Adding Text to the Screen – Game Over Functionality – Adding an Apple – Eating the Apple – More Apples and Snake Functions – Snake Length Rules – More Snake Functionality – How to Lengthen the Snake – More Object Contact – Fixing Some Stuff – Collision Detection – More Collision Detection – Finishing Up Collision Detection – Centering Text – Drawing the Snakes Head – Attaching Snakes Head to Body – Using Logic to Rotate Images
Game Over Screen – Updating Menus and Fonts – Start Screen – Start Screen Logic – Apple Sprite – Creating a Game Icon – randapple Function – Adding the Score – Pausing the Game – Converting to Executable – Finish Converting to Executable – Pause and Game Over Non-Clearing – Drawing Stuff – Drawing More Stuff – Cleaning the Slate – Button Intro – Button Adding – Responsive Hover – Button Functions – Button Actions
Course Key Content
- Installing Python and Pycharm
- Creating Our First Game Window
- Changing the Title, Logo and Background Color
- Adding Images into Our Space Invader Game
- Movement Mechanics in Game Development
- Keyboard Input Controls & Key Pressed Event
- Adding Boundaries to Our Game
- Creating the Enemy
- Movement Mechanics of the Enemy Space Invader
- Adding a Background Image
- Creating Bullets for Shooting
- Shooting Multiple Bullets at Space Invaders
- Collision Detection
- Creating Multiple Enemies
- Adding Text and Displaying Score
- Adding Sounds and Background Music
- Game Over
- Final Project
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for Students who are Very Interested in Developing Games Professionally or as a Hobby
- People who want to learn how to make their own video games, learning to code as they go.
- Anyone who has a Game Idea and wants to learn how to Code that Game into Reality
Course Useful Download
- Download Python
- Python Documentation
- Applications for python
- Learn about 5 best Game Development Courses
International Student Fee: 235 USD | 890 SAR | 890 AED
- OS: Windows 7 SP1+, 8, 10, 64-bit versions only; Mac OS X 10.12+; Ubuntu 16.04, 18.04, and CentOS 7
- GPU: Graphics card with DX10 (shader model 4.0) capabilities (optional).
Designing & Animation Courses