Smart Cities- Emerging Design and Technology
Cities and their delivery partners face complex choices about what type of future they are seeking to create in order to meet aspirations of their citizens. Different cities will have different visions, reflecting the needs and circumstances of their populations and economic activities. A strain on traditional service delivery from increasing populations poses a significant challenge to the sustainable growth of Smart Cities. Managing physical resources, such as energy or water as well as managing healthcare, traffic and city logistics, among others, is a major challenge that cities need to address to ensure sustainable growth in the future.
Discover the urban potential of disruptive technology
While smart city solutions typically focus on digital optimizations to existing urban infrastructure, this online program goes beyond optimizations: It explores ways in which disruptive technology can dramatically improve planning, design, and management of contemporary cities for a more resilient future.
Course Key Learning
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Explore and understand the concepts and current debates around smart, sustainable and future cities
- Identify and recognise the role and importance, data and urban analytics can play in addressing key urban challenges and key issues related to this
- Apply and consider the connections between urban innovation, enterprise and future smart city business models
- The ability to leverage technological innovation to improve design, planning, and policy of urban living
- Strategies for more effective land use, distributed energy systems, and alternative mobility
- The skills to recognize and identify the challenges in contemporary city design, with solutions for healthier and more sustainable city systems
What topics will you cover?
- Module 1 Emerging Technologies Introduction – Design and technology for people-centric Smart Cities
- Module 2 Use of Big Data / Data Sciences in Future Cities
- Module 3 The mobility revolution and urban robotics
- Module 4 The live-work transformation: machine learning, data sciences, and IoT technology
- Module 5 A network of neighborhoods: AI, real-time simulation, and emerging systems
- Module 6 Sustainable communities: local production and lower consumption
- Module 7 Governance: token economies and algorithmic zoning for prosocial behaviors
Who is the course for?
This program is designed for professionals interested in the design and planning of cities, seeking ways to transform urban areas for a more sustainable and vibrant future. With a focus on technology and data, the course is particularly relevant to those who are focused on designing, investing in, and delivering smart city solutions.
International Students Fee: 1,000 USD | 3,750 AED | 3,750 SAR
Job Interview Preparation (Soft Skills Questions & Answers)
- Tough Open-Ended Job Interview Questions
- What to Wear for Best Job Interview Attire
- Job Interview Question- What are You Passionate About?
- How to Prepare for a Job Promotion Interview
🎥 Your FREE eLEARNING Courses (Click Here)
Internships, Freelance and Full-Time Work opportunities
Flexible Class Options
- Week End Classes For Professionals SAT | SUN
- Corporate Group Trainings Available
- Online Classes – Live Virtual Class (L.V.C), Online Training
Data Sciences Specialization Course
Internet of Things (IoT) Programming Course
Specialist Diploma Big Data Analytics Course with Machine Learning
Machine Learning with 9 Practical Applications
Data Sciences with Python (2-in-1 Course)
Virtual Reality – VR / AR Specialization
Robotics – Industry 4.0 Certification