Technical Report Writing
Technical reports are a vital tool for engineers to communicate their ideas. This course introduces technical report writing and teaches the techniques you need to construct well-written technical reports.
Writing routine and strategic reports is a regular part of the HR practitioner’s craft and can play an important role in fostering more effective use of human resources in smaller businesses, just as in larger ones. Technical Report Writing in HR are powerful communication tools that make a significant contribution to the decision-making process at the highest level.
Improve your technical report writing so that you engage readers, clearly communicate your expertise in engineering and technology, and reduce the time needed to produce technical documents.
- Write clearly and effectively
- Engage with readers and their needs, while also meeting the report’s objectives
- Structure a report for maximum impact
- Use drafting time more efficiently
- Edit with an eye for errors and improvements that can be made
- Present a report that appears attractive and professional.
The course takes you from the basic principles of good technical writing and covers dozens of other topics including:
- Difference between technical and business writing
- How does technical writing compare with “creative writing” and journalism?
- Principles of audience analysis
- Components of a technical document
- Write a Documentation Plan
- Create an Index
- Basic technical writing techniques and pitfalls to avoid
- Basic technical editing techniques and things to avoid
- Create a document template
- How to think in terms of variables
- Use tables properly in your documents
- Select and annotate images
- How to use flowcharts in your documents
- How to find a job as a writer
Who should attend?
- This course is for beginner technical writers
- Engineers and developers who would like to communicate more effectively with their co-workers and clients
- Professionals /Career changers who would like to become technical writers.
Flexible Class Options
- Evening Classes | Corporate Workshops | Fast-Track
- Week End Classes For Professionals SAT | SUN
- Online Classes – Live Virtual Class (L.V.C), Online Training