Introduction to SQL Database
In this course you can learn the fundamental basics of data management with SQL . Learn everything that you will need to make queries with the most popular data manipulating programming language – SQL. This course is about SQL commands in the main. You will learn the basics of queries. Let’s take a look at what you are going to learn in this course
Course Key Learnings:
After completing this course, students will be able to:
understand the basic concepts of databases
get a good grasp of SQL and MySQL queries
understand database management systems (DBMSs) and database languages
understand table manipulation
understand strored procedures
understand the data structures (B trees and B+ trees) behind databases
Module1 – Installing MySQL server
- Installing MySQL server on Windows and MacOS
Module 2 – Database Theory
- what are databases?
- what are database management systems (DBMSs)?
- what are database languages?
- the data structures (B-trees) behind databases
- procedural and non-procedural programming languages
Module 3 – Creating and Manipulating Tables
- basic data types (integers, floating point numbers and characters)
- enums and dates
- how to create databases?
- how to insert and remove items?
- how to update existing items or database tables?
Module 4 – Basic SQL
- basic SQL and MySQL commands
- select, where and wildcards
- logical operators
- ORDER BY and GROUP BY commands
Module 5 – Multiple Tables
- joining multiple database tables
- inner join
- left and right join
Module 6 – Database Normalization
- what is database normalisation?
- first normal form (NF1)
- second normal form (NF2)
- third normal form (NF3)
Module 7 – Subqueries:
- advanced SQL and MySQL
- what are subqueries?
- correlated and non-correlated subqueries
Module 8 – Transactions
- what is database locking?
- the ACID principles?
- COMMIT, ROLLBACK and SAVEPOINT
Module 9 – Views
- what are views and why are they crucial?
- creating views
- updating views
- dropping views
Module 10 – Indexes and Constraints
- what are indexes and why to use them?
- primary keys and foreign keys revisited
- what are constraints?
Module 11 – Data Structures Behind Databases
- what are pages?
- the basic concept of paging in operating systems
- external memory and internal memory
- B tree data structure
- B+ tree data structure
Module 12 – Stored Procedures
- what are stored procedures?
- conditional statements
Who this course is for:
- This course is mean for newbies who are not familiar with SQL syntax or just want to refresh the knowledge
International Student Fee:700 USD
Job Interview Questions & Answers:
- PHP + MYSQL Job Interview Questions & Answers
- Data Sciences Job Interview Questions and Answers
- Machine Learning Job Interview Questions
Job Interview Preparation (Soft Skills Questions & Answers)
- Tough Open-Ended Job Interview Questions
- What to Wear for Best Job Interview Attire
- Job Interview Question- What are You Passionate About?
- How to Prepare for a Job Promotion Interview
Your FREE eLEARNING Courses (Click Here)
Internships, Freelance and Full-Time Work opportunities
- Join Internships and Referral Program (click for details)
- Work as Freelancer or Full-Time Employee (click for details)
Flexible Class Options
- Week End Classes For Professionals SAT | SUN
- Corporate Group Trainings Available
- Online Classes – Live Virtual Class (L.V.C), Online Training
Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration Course
MySQL Database (for Beginners)
Excel Training Course (for Beginners)
Python Programming (for Beginner)