ISO/IEC 38500 provides principles, definitions, and a model to help the governing bodies understand the importance of Information Technology (IT).This standard is intended to help all types of organizations in evaluating, directing and monitoring the use of Information Technology (IT), regardless of the degree of IT usage.
ISO/IEC 38500 consists of management practices and decisions associated with the current and future use of IT. The purpose of this standard is to promote an effective, efficient and acceptable use of IT in all organizations by informing and guiding governing bodies in governing the IT use and establishing an IT governance vocabulary.
Why is IT Governance important for you?
ISO/IEC 38500 assists governing bodies to ensure that the use of IT contributes positively to the performance of the organization. Therefore, by fulfilling ISO/IEC 38500 requirements, the organizations are able to monitor IT usage, ensure business continuity and sustainability, align IT with business needs and ensure appropriate implementation and operation of IT assets.
Moreover, this standard will help you obtain the necessary expertise and knowledge to support organizations in establishing, implementing and continually improving a framework that complies with the principles and the model for good IT governance set by ISO/IEC 38500. It also enables you to gain the necessary skills to manage risks, encourage the exploitation of opportunities arising from the use of IT, and avoid inadequate application of ISO/IEC 38500 principles and IT systems. This standard allows you to understand the business strategy and align it with the technology strategy and advise the company on best practices of IT Governance.
With the current increasing trend of requirements for a more qualified staff, organizations are offering great career opportunities to individuals who are certified and have the appropriate experience
Get FREE Practice Exams to ensure your Success !
The International Standard ISO 38500 is a high level, principles-based advisory standard. In addition to providing broad guidance on the role of a governing body, it encourages organizations to use appropriate standards to underpin their governance of IT.
This International Standard provides principles, definitions, and a model for good governance of IT, to assist those at the highest level of organizations to understand and fulfil their legal, regulatory, and ethical obligations in respect of their organizations’ use of IT
This International Standard provides guiding principles for members of governing bodies of organizations (which can comprise owners, directors, partners, executive managers, or similar) on the effective, efficient, and acceptable use of information technology (IT) within their organizations.
It also provides guidance to those advising, informing, or assisting governing bodies. They include the following:
- executive managers;
- members of groups monitoring the resources within the organization;
- external business or technical specialists, such as legal or accounting specialists, retail or industrial associations, or professional bodies;
- internal and external service providers (including consultants);
This International Standard applies to the governance of the organization’s current and future use of IT including management processes and decisions related to the current and future use of IT. These processes can be controlled by IT specialists within the organization, external service providers, or business units within the organization.
This International Standard defines the governance of IT as a subset or domain of organizational governance, or in the case of a corporation, corporate governance.
This International Standard is applicable to all organizations, including public and private companies, government entities, and not-for-profit organizations. This International Standard is applicable to organizations of all sizes from the smallest to the largest, regardless of the extent of their use of IT.
The purpose of this International Standard is to promote effective, efficient, and acceptable use of IT in all organizations by
- assuring stakeholders that, if the principles and practices proposed by the standard are followed, they can have confidence in the organization’s governance of IT,
- informing and guiding governing bodies in governing the use of IT in their organization, and
- establishing a vocabulary for the governance of IT.
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise and knowledge to support an organization in implementing and managing Corporate Governance of IT as specified in ISO/IEC 38500. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to appropriately govern a Corporate Governance of IT system across all the principles of ISO/IEC 38500. ISO/IEC 38500 applies to the governance of management processes (and decisions) relating to the information and communication services used by an organization. These processes could be controlled by IT specialists within the organization or external service providers, or by business units within the organization. This training is consistent with COBIT 5 and CGEIT (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT).
- To understand the implementation of the Corporate Governance of IT by adhering to the governance framework of ISO/IEC 38500
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of a Corporate Governance of IT
- To understand the relationship between the components of a Corporate Governance of IT, including responsibility, strategy, acquisition, performance, conformance, and human behavior
- To acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, managing and maintaining a Corporate Governance of IT as delineated in ISO/IEC 38500
- To acquire the necessary expertise to manage a team implementing a Corporate Governance of IT.
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of Corporate Governance of IT
- Corporate Governance auditors
- CIO and Senior Managers responsible for the IT governance of an enterprise and the management of its risks
- External business or technical specialists, such as legal or accounting specialists, retail associations, or professional bodies
- Expert advisors in information technology
- Technical experts wanting to formalize, amend, and/or extend the organizations IT-related objectives
ISO 38500 Foundation Certification or a basic knowledge of ISO 38500 is recommended.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam
- Course reference manual containing copy of course slides, support documents, quizzes and answers
- Practice exam
- Course Certificate
- Exam certificate on passing the ISO 38500 Lead IT Corporate Governance Manager examination
This course qualifies for Thirty One (31) CPDs.
Day 1: Introduction to IT Governance and ISO/IEC 38500
Standards ISO/IEC 38500, COBIT 5, and CGEIT
Fundamental principles of the Corporate Governance of IT
Governance model for the Corporate Governance of IT
Assigning roles & accountabilities
Establishing the GEIT Team and drafting the GEIT Project Plan
The difference between governance and management
Day 2: IT Strategy and Acquisition
Meeting stakeholder needs through benefits realization, risk optimization, and resource optimization
Formulating a strategy and managing changes in strategy
Establishing an IT strategy committee
Acquisition – Balancing benefits opportunities, costs, and risks
Categorizing IT investments
Managing investments in IT
Calculation of benefits using cost-benefit techniques
Drafting and implementing cost optimization strategies
Day 3: Performance and Risk Management
Continuous improvement through Six Sigma, TQM and PDCA
Interoperability of diverse systems and organizations
Implementing a Business Continuity Management System
Day 4: Resource Management, Conformance, and Human Behavior
Contract Management, Relationship Management, and Asset Management through SLAs and OLAs
Governance of data
Record and monitor IT resource utilization and availability
Outsourcing practices: Onsite, Offsite, and Offshore
Measure continuous performance of service delivery
Governance of conformance to legal requirements and other standards
Governance of human behavior and management of organizational and cultural change
Day 5: Certification Exam
- Experienced & Accredited Trainers
- Accredited Training Material
- Includes manual
- Two FREE practice examinations
- Excellent first attempt pass ratio
FREE Practice Exam
- Over 400 questions practice exams would be provided to students FREE of charges to ensure exam success
Flexible Class Options
- Morning | Evening Classes | Workshops | Fast-Track
- Week End Classes For Professionals SAT | SUN
- Online Classes – Live Virtual Class (L.V.C), Online Training
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT FEE
Exam Passing Guarantee
Get a FREE Practice Exam with 400+ questions to ensure your success !
Omni Academy a Federal Government – Skill Development Council authorized Training Institute Certificate would be awarded to successful students.