The ITIL Practitioner course offers practical guidance on how to adopt and adapt the ITIL framework to support your business’ objectives. It enables practitioners to not only speak the language of ITIL, but be able to translate it and use it in practice.
ITIL Practitioner covers the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) approach as the way to structure any improvement initiatives.
ITIL Practitioner also covers three key areas crucial for success of any improvement initiatives:
- Organizational Change Management
- Measurement and Metrics
ITIL Practitioner Training Course
The training course covers the following topics:
- ITSM Concepts
- Service Elements
- ITSM Principles
- CSI Approach
- Metrics & Measurement
- Organisational Change Management (OCM)
- OCM Tools
- OCM Activities
- Applying the CSI Approach
ITIL Practitioner Exam Format
- Multiple choice examination questions
- 40 questions
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- 135 minutes’ duration
- Open book. Only the official printed hard copy of the ITIL ® Practitioner Guidance is allowed.
- A printed PDF of the official manual or a digital PDF of the official manual on a personal device, is not allowed in an exam environment.
- The official manual may be annotated and tabulated but no sticky notes and loose leaf papers containing additional notes will be allowed.
Flexible Class Options
- Evening Classes | Corporate Group Workshops | Fast-Track
- Week End Classes For Professionals SAT | SUN
- Online Classes – Live Virtual Class (L.V.C), Online Training