PRINCE2® Foundation Course
PRINCE2 (an acronym for PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a de facto process-based method for effective project management. Used extensively by the UK Government, PRINCE2 is also widely recognized and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally. The PRINCE2 method is in the public domain, and offers non-proprietorial best practice guidance on project management.
Key features of PRINCE2
- Focus on business justification
- Defined organization structure for the project management team
- Product-based planning approach
- Emphasis on dividing the project into manageable and controllable stages
- Flexibility that can be applied at a level appropriate to the project.
PRINCE2 is flexible, adaptable and as much as a project method can be, friendly.
PRINCE2® is a method for managing projects. It helps you work out who should be involved and what they will be responsible for. It gives you a set of processes to work through and explains what information you should be gathering along the way.
PRINCE2 may be similar to what you currently use, but what it does best is pull together common names and descriptions into a structure that anyone familiar with PRINCE2 can understand, regardless of background or industry.
Benefits of PRINCE2
Using PRINCE2 provides you with greater control of resources, and the ability to manage business and project risk more effectively. This will benefit:
- Individuals seeking leading project management skills and greater employment prospects
- Project managers
- Directors/executives (senior responsible owners) of projects, and
For individuals, PRINCE2 certification is an invaluable asset to your career as it increases employment prospects and helps you to do your job more effectively.
For organizations, PRINCE2’s formal recognition of responsibilities within a project, together with its focus on what a project is to deliver (the why, when and for whom) provides your organization’s projects with:
- A common, consistent approach
- A controlled and organized start, middle and end
- Regular reviews of progress against plan
- Assurance that the project continues to have a business justification
Candidates should expect to gain competencies in the following areas after successful completion of the training course:
- Learn PRINCE2’s principles, processes and themes and how they contribute to the effective control of a project
- Understand the value of using PRINCE2 at the team, project and senior management level
- Understand the purpose of major management products
- Learn how to effectively apply PRINCE2 practices
- Be prepared for the PRINCE2 Foundation Certification
- Introduction to PRINCE2 and Project Management
- The 7 Principles of PRINCE2
- The 7 Themes of PRINCE2
- The 7 Processes of PRINCE2
- Examination Review
- Practice Exam Questions
PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam
This level is aiming to measure whether a candidate could apply PRINCE2 to the running and managing of a non-complex project within an environment supporting PRINCE2. To this end they need to show that they can apply and tailor PRINCE2 to address the needs and problems of a given project scenario.
Produce detailed explanations of all principles, themes and processes and worked examples of all PRINCE2 products as they might be applied to address the particular circumstances of a given project scenario
Show they understand the relationships between principles, themes and processes and PRINCE2 products and can apply this understanding
Demonstrate that they understand the reasons behind the principles, themes and processes of PRINCE2, and that they understand the principles underpinning these elements
Demonstrate their ability to tune PRINCE2 to different project circumstances.
150 minute exam duration
38/68 required to pass = 55% pass mark
Open book exam (official PRINCE2 manual only)
In order to sit the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam you must be able to provide proof of passing one of the following exams
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
IPMA Level A (Certified Projects Director)
IPMA Level B (Certified Senior Project Manager)
IPMA Level C (Certified Project Manager)
IPMA Level D (Certified Project Management Associate)
PRINCE2® ONLINE EXAM FEE (*Subject to change without any prior information)
PRINCE2® Foundation exam costs £210.00
PRINCE2® Practitioner exam fees are £286.00.
Eligibility for Examination
There is no prerequisite for writing PRINCE2 Foundation examination.
The course uses a stimulating mix of instructions, quizzes, workshops, discussions, practice exams, and a certificate exam.
- Course reference manual containing copy of course slides, support documents, quizzes and answers
- Practice exam
- Course Certificate
- Exam certificate on passing the PRINCE2 Foundation examination
This training is based on the publication, “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2”, Published by TSO (The Stationery Office) .
Download PRINCE2 Course Material /Tips / Case Studies and Templates
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT FEE
USD 300 | CAD | 300 | AUD 300 | AED 1,000 | SAR 1,000
Why Omni Academy
- Experienced & Accredited Trainers
- Accredited Training Material
- Includes PRINCE2 manual
- Two FREE practice examinations
- Excellent first attempt pass ratio
Flexible Class Options
- Weekend Sunday Classes | Workshops | Fast-Track
- Online Classes – Live Virtual Class (L.V.C), Online Training