Microsoft SQL Server Course (70-765)
This Microsoft SQL Server course is intended for architects, developers, infrastructure specialists, and development leads. Candidates have a working knowledge of the various cloud service models and service model architectures, data storage options, and data synchronization techniques. Candidates also have a working knowledge of deployment models, upgrading and migrating databases, and applications and services, in addition to integrating Azure applications with external resources.
Course Key Learning
- Implement SQL in Azure
- Deploy a Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Plan for SQL Server installation
- Deploy SQL Server instances
- Deploy SQL Server databases to Azure virtual machines
- Manage databases and instances
- Configure secure access to Microsoft Azure SQL Databases
- Configure SQL Server performance settings
- Manage SQL Server instances
- Manage SQL Storage
- Perform database maintenance
This course covers the skills and knowledge measured by Exam 70-765, at the end of this course, you will have developed the knowledge and skills necessary to pass the Provisioning SQL Databases Exam.
Module 1: SQL Server Components
This module describes the various SQL Server components and versions.
- Introduction to the SQL Server Platform
- Overview of SQL Server Architecture
- SQL Server Services and Configuration Options
Module 2: Installing SQL Server
This modules describes the process to install SQL Server 2016.
- Considerations for SQL Installing Server
- TempDB Files
- Installing SQL Server
- Automating Installation
Module 3: Upgrading SQL Server to SQL Server 2017
This module describes the process for upgrading to SQL Server 2017.
- Upgrade Requirements
- Upgrade SQL Server Services
- Migrating SQL Server Data and Applications
Module 4: Working with Databases
This module describes the preinstalled system databases, the physical structure of databases and the most common configuration options related to them.
- Introduction to Data Storage with SQL Server
- Managing Storage for System Databases
- Managing Storage for User Databases
- Moving and Copying Database Files
- Side-by-Side Upgrade: Migrating SQL Server Data and Applications
- Buffer Pool Extension
Module 5: Performing Database Maintenance
This module covers database maintenance plans.
- Ensuring Database Integrity
- Maintaining Indexes
- Automating Routine Database Maintenance
Module 6: Database Storage Options
Describe SQL Server storage options.
- SQL Server storage Performance
- SMB Fileshare
- SQL Server Storage in Microsoft Azure
- Stretch Databases
Module 7: Planning to Deploy SQL Server on Microsoft Azure
This module describes how to plan to deploy SQL Server on Azure.
- SQL Server Virtual Machines in Azure
- Azure Storage
- Azure SQL Authentication
- Deploying an Azure SQL Database
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Some experience with database design
Who Should Attend
- Database professionals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases including database maintenance
- Database professionals who work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job responsibilities or develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases
- IT Students willing to make career as Database Admin
International Student FEE : USD 500 | 665 CAD | 1,875 AED | 192 OMR