PRINCE2 (an acronym for PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a de facto process-based method for effective project management. Used extensively by the UK Government, PRINCE2 is also widely recognized and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally. The PRINCE2 method is in the public domain, and offers non-proprietorial best practice guidance on project management.
Key features of PRINCE2:
- Focus on business justification
- Defined organization structure for the project management team
- Product-based planning approach
- Emphasis on dividing the project into manageable and controllable stages
- Flexibility that can be applied at a level appropriate to the project.
PRINCE2 is flexible, adaptable and as much as a project method can be, friendly.
PRINCE2® is a method for managing projects. It helps you work out who should be involved and what they will be responsible for. It gives you a set of processes to work through and explains what information you should be gathering along the way.
PRINCE2 may be similar to what you currently use, but what it does best is pull together common names and descriptions into a structure that anyone familiar with PRINCE2 can understand, regardless of background or industry.
Benefits of PRINCE2
Using PRINCE2 provides you with greater control of resources, and the ability to manage business and project risk more effectively. This will benefit:
- Individuals seeking leading project management skills and greater employment prospects
- Project managers
- Directors/executives (senior responsible owners) of projects, and
For individuals, PRINCE2 certification is an invaluable asset to your career as it increases employment prospects and helps you to do your job more effectively.
For organizations, PRINCE2’s formal recognition of responsibilities within a project, together with its focus on what a project is to deliver (the why, when and for whom) provides your organization’s projects with:
- A common, consistent approach
- A controlled and organized start, middle and end
- Regular reviews of progress against plan
- Assurance that the project continues to have a business justification
The PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) project management methodology provides business with a flexible approach for the management of their projects and a cost effective means to align the best practice project management.
The objective of the PRINCE2 Foundation course is to ensure that participants acquire the skills and knowledge to be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2. The course covers principles, themes and processes effectively. PRINCE2 Foundation certification examination is also scheduled on the last day of the session.
Candidates should expect to gain competencies in the following areas after successful completion of the training course:
- Learn PRINCE2’s principles, processes and themes and how they contribute to the effective control of a project
- Understand the value of using PRINCE2 at the team, project and senior management level
- Understand the purpose of major management products
- Learn how to effectively apply PRINCE2 practices
- Be prepared for the PRINCE2 Foundation Certification
- Introduction to PRINCE2 and Project Management
- The 7 Principles of PRINCE2
- The 7 Themes of PRINCE2
- The 7 Processes of PRINCE2
- Examination Review
A one-hour practice exam is part of the course. The practice exam aims to help participants in passing the PRINCE2 Foundation certification exam.
A 60-minute certification exam is scheduled on the last day of the course, consisting of Seventy Five (75) multiple choice questions, 5 questions to be trial and will not be counted in score. Candidates must achieve 50% marks (35 out of 70) to receive their examination certificate.
Eligibility for Examination
There is no prerequisite for writing PRINCE2 Foundation examination.
Project managers in need of a method to help manage projects of different types and size. Team members, project and program support staff wanting to learn how to effectively contribute to a PRINCE2 Project.
Knowledge and experience of project management will be helpful, but not necessary.
The course uses a stimulating mix of instructions, quizzes, workshops, discussions, practice exams, and a certificate exam.
- Course reference manual containing copy of course slides, support documents, quizzes and answers
- Practice exam
- Course Certificate
- Exam certificate on passing the PRINCE2 Foundation examination
This training is based on the publication, “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2”, Published by TSO (The Stationery Office) in 2009.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT FEE
USD 300 | CAD | 300 | AUD 300 | AED 1,000 | SAR 1,000
Exam Passing Guarantee
Omni Academy will pay 50% of your re-attempt fee if you do not pass in the first attempt.
Why Omni Academy
- Experienced & Accredited Trainers
- Accredited Training Material
- Includes PRINCE2 manual
- Two FREE practice examinations
- Excellent first attempt pass ratio
Flexible Class Options
- Morning | Evening Classes | Workshops | Fast-Track
- Week End Classes For Professionals SAT | SUN
- Online Classes – Live Virtual Class (L.V.C), Online Training