Data Management & Statistical Analysis Using SPSS
This Data Management and Statistical Analysis using SPSS Training Course will introduce you to the uses and functions of the statistical software SPSS. It covers data entry and editing, and the basics of analyses and graphs. This SPSS course will go through statistical methods with further emphasis on data management. Firstly familiarising participants with SPSS, and progressing from data entry and presentation, to one and two sample tests, one-way ANOVA and simple linear regression.
SPSS Course Audience
The training courses outlined below are designed for those who need to perform data or statistical analysis using SPSS for Windows. These are hands-on computer based courses. Examples are taken from medical and health related research but are not of a specialised nature. These sessions are aimed at participants from any subject area.
Course suitable for those with little or no experience of SPSS, or those who want a refresher. A basic knowledge of statistics will be helpful.
Course Learning Summary
Data Entry and Manipulation
- to enter categorical and continuous data
- to define and label variables
- to add variables and cases
- to transform, recode and compute variables
- to select appropriate simple plots and descriptive statistics
- to do cross tabulation and the chi-square test.
Basic Statistical Analysis
- Introduction to statistical testing and estimation.
- Exploratory data analysis and checking the assumptions: box-plots, histograms, PP plots.
- One sample tests: t-test, sign and signed rank tests.
- 2-sample tests: t-test, Mann-Whitney test.
- Introduction to one-way ANOVA.
- Correlation and simple regression.
Graphs and Tables
- Graphs such as histograms, QQ plots and box-plots
- Descriptive statistics
- Cross tabulation (two-way tables)
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Read-in, enter, organise, and save data in a suitable way
- Calculate/recode variables and prepare data for analysis
- Conduct descriptive and basic inferential statistics
- Be familiar with SPSS presentation of statistical output
- Create and edit graphical displays of data
International student Fee : 350$ | 1,300 SAR | 1,300 AED
Download SPSS Trail Sofware
Flexible Class Options
- Corporate Group Workshops
- Week-End Classes For Professionals SAT or SUN
- Online Classes – Live Virtual Class (L.V.C), Online Training