ISO 27001 –Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
ISMS | ISO27001 course designed to help professionals to prepare ISMS strategies, prepare your organization to face modern IT security challenges, learn complete ISMS knowledge and skills needed to assess and report on the conformance and effective implementation of an information security management systems (ISMS) to protect your organizations from risk.
Introduction of ISO/IEC 27001
Setting up an ISMS can be as simple or as sophisticated as your organization needs it to be. However, even knowing where to start when considering setting up an ISMS can be challenging.
In this one day course, our expert tutors will explain the requirements of the current standard to help you understand how it could apply to your organization and the potential benefits of adopting it.
You will therefore be better prepared to carry out an implementation of an ISMS that conforms to the current standard, as the background, updated concepts, principles, terms and definitions used in ISO/IEC 27001 are fully explained and discussed.
Controls in ISO 27001
These are 114 controls in ISO 27001, organized in Annex-A of the document. These controls are classified into 14 control areas, as follows:
Information Security Policies
- Organization for Information Security
- HR Security
- Asset Management
- Access Control
- Physical & Environmental Security
- Operations Security
- Communications Security
- Systems Acquisitions, Development & Maintenance
- Supplier Relationships
- Information Security Incident Management
- Information Security Aspects of BCM
Who should attend?
Those who have an interest in or are responsible for information security management, data management and protection, corporate governance, risk and compliance, management systems, security, IT services, human resources, financial and accounting records and any business area that interacts with high risk private data.
Suggested job roles and their teams include:
- Information security managers
- IT and corporate security managers
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- Human Resource managers
- Financial and Accounts managers
- Internal legal teams
- Private data and records administration teams
- Course reference manual containing copy of course slides, support documents, quizzes and answers
- Course Certificate
- Exam certificate on passing the ISO 27001 Foundation examination
ISO 27001 Certification Examination
A 60-minute certification exam is scheduled with PSEB. The exam is paper-pencil based.
PECB Certified ISO 27001 Foundation Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of information security
Domain 2: Information Security Management System (ISMS)
Eligibility for Examination
There is no prerequisite for this certification exam.
Flexible Class Options
- Morning | Evening Classes | Workshops | Fast-Track
- Week End Classes For Professionals SAT | SUN
- Online Classes – Live Virtual Class (L.V.C), Online Training